Wednesday 1 April 2015

Reflective journal 1

As part of the learning experience, you are required to reflect on a task and express your thoughts on how you have learn, the skills that you have used, and the success of applying those skills. You should evaluate the skills that you have and how these skills can improve your employability.



Reflect on it using the IEP format using the guided questions below:

i) Concept of Growth Mindset


1.Explain the differences between growth and fixed mindset.
A person with fixed mindset would see effort as fruitless, give up easily when meet obstacles, ignore useful criticism and feel threatened by the success of others. Besides, a person with fixed mindset is not willing to change or improve. However, a person with growth mindset embraces challenges, see effort as the path to mastery, learn from criticism. Moreover, a person with growth mindset find lessons and inspirations in the success of others.

2. Recap on the concept of growth mindset and emphasize on bow they may not be good at something, but they can work on it.
When people with growth mindset meet obstacles or not good at something, they are willing to improve themselves by putting more effort in something or seek for advice until they reached their goals. They would not give up easily like people with fixed mindset.

ii) Career and Personality


1.Are your strengths/values/priorities align to the work environment and nature of the job?
Yes, I think that my strengths, values and priorities are aligned to the nature of my dream job.

2.What else do you need to discover?
I think I need to be more active by participating in many different kinds of events and  improve my communication skills. Besides, I also think that I should brush up my English speaking skills.


iii) Personal mission statement & Career vision statement 


Personal mission statement

1.Your priorities in life
My priorities in life is to be happy and enjoy my life because we only live once, I don’t want to regret when I am old for not doing something I’ve always wanted to do when I am capable to do it.


2.Values that guide you
The values that guide me are hard working and honesty. I want to do things by my own with passion and honesty so that when I am old, I will be proud of what I’ve did without any regrets.




3.Your strengths (knowledge, skills, abilities & talents)
I can adapt myself in any situation and also a responsible person.


4.Your key roles in life
My key roles in life are as a family member, a friend, a pet owner, a student and a Malaysian.

5.Your goals in your roles
My goals in my roles are to be more caring to my family, to be more understanding to my friends, to be a loving owner to my dog, to be a hardworking and respectful student and to be a responsible Malaysian.

Career vision statement

1.Your interests + Your strengths
Help people in need, caring, being able to adapt quickly in a new environment.

2.Your work values
Honesty and Hardworking

3.Your preferred job environment
Indoors.

4. My Job Option 1-3
My top three job options are psychologist, author and doctor

DESCRIBE : What did you see, hear or do?

INTREPRET : Explain what it means to you, what you realized, your insights, feelings, hypotheses and conclusions. Did the activities help you to develop TGC? What TGC did you develop? Did you feel positive or negative?

EVALUATE : How do you think these skills can help you in other aspects of your life, especially your future career? How is this useful?

PLAN : Comment on relevance of this to your course, program, future profession and life. Explain if you found it difficult and what will you do to apply it and improve in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment