Wednesday 1 April 2015

Smart Goals


Specific-Who?
Me-Phoebe Ng

Achieve-What?
Achieve straight A* in A Levels examination.

Assessment-How?
Do revision every single day. Pay attention in class and ask questions if I don’t understand. Do past year papers and lots of questions.

By
Time of the year-When?
Be prepared by August 2015 for AS exam and February 2016 for A2.

S.M.A.R.T Goal Questionnaire

Goal
Achieve straight A* for my A-level examination

1.Specific. What will the goal accomplish? How and why will it be accomplished?
By having this goal accomplished, I will be able to get into a good university to continue my studies. This goal will be accomplished if I work hard and do my revision and past year papers everyday consistently.

2.Measurable. How will you measure whether or not the goal has been reached. (list at least two indicators)
Grades I get for my exams, semester exams, topical tests and assignments.

3.Achievable. Is it possible? Have others done it successfully? Do you have the necessary knowledge, skills, abilities, and resources to accomplish the goal? Will meeting the goal challenge you without defeating you.
It is possible and I’ve seen others done it successfully. Besides, I also think that I have the necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and resources, I just need to go deeper and brush up my skills to accomplish my goals. I am not sure whether the goal will defeat me in the future, but I will not give up till the very end because it is all worth it.

4.Results-focused. What is the reason, purpose, or benefit of accomplishing the goal? What is the result (not activities leading up to the result) of the goal?
To get into good university and be a successful person.

5.Time-bound. What is the established completion date and does that completion date create a practical sense of urgency?
Be prepared for AS exams during August 2015 and A2 exams during February 2016.

Revised Goal:
To get straight A* for my A-level examination, and do revision/past year papers for each subject every single day.



No comments:

Post a Comment