Wednesday 1 April 2015

Reflective journal 2


I still remembered last year after SPM, all my friends were talking about college life and most of my friends already planned for their future and know which University they will be going, and I was so blur, not knowing which course to choose. One of my friends explained everything that I should know to me and me myself also did some research and lastly, I decided to choose the Cambridge A Levels Programme. I heard a lot of people recommending Taylor’s College plus Taylor’s College has been my dream school since I was a primary kid. After discussing with my parents, they agreed.

At first, I wanted to take the March classes because I wanted to work and gain more work experiences, thinking that it might help in the future. However, one day, one of the staff called me and said I am one of the students who got the President Award. I was so happy and my mum brought me to Taylor’s college the following day to register. I came in late and that’s why I skipped Orientation and some of the Integration sessions. However, I am still glad that I am able to join the last few sessions of Integration. I learnt about growth mindset and what type of learner I am. Through all these kinds of activities, I realized that I’ve understand myself better.

The subjects I chose is Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and Maths. I’ve always love Biology, that’s why I chose it. Psychology is a new subject for me but I took it since I am going to study Psychology after my A-levels and I am sure it is going to give me an overview of what Psychology is. However, I am not very interested in Chemistry and I struggle a lot in this subject too, but I am willing to work harder in this subject because I know this is a very important subject for my future.

During my MPU modules, I learnt about SMART plans and SWOT goals. And this made me understand that we have to set goals based on our ability. Goals have to be measurable, specific and relevant. With this, I am able to set a goal for my A-level examination and achieve straight A* for my exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment